There’s exciting news from the beauty front. For the past five years, Katherine Power, co-founder of Who What Wear, Versed Skincare and Avaline, has been working on her own makeup line, which launches today. Meet: Merit.
True to the motto „less is more“, Merit consists of only six products for eyes, lips and cheeks, as well as a makeup brush. Merit is a minimalist brand and thus the antidote to the saturated beauty industry, in which new products in countless colors come onto the market nearly every week. Merit beauty products are vegan, free of animal testing and meet the EU standards for clean beauty – unfortunately still not a matter of course for products from the United States.
The Merit Launch range will be available for purchase online at www.meritbeauty.com as of Tuesday, January 12, 2021. As of mid-February, the products will also be available in over 500 Sephora stores in the US and Canada. We can only hope that online stores like Niche Beauty or Cult Beauty will bring the products to Europe soon. For now, you cannot buy Merit Beauty products in Europe. But now to the products, which are included in the launch assortment.
- The Minimalist: A complexion stick that is neither foundation nor concealer, but combines the function of both in one product. It is available in 20 shades.
- Clean Lash: A mascara that adds length and volume to lashes without smudging or clumping.
- Flush Balm: A creamy blush designed to blend with skin, available in five shades.
- Day Glow: A highlighter for a fresh complexion without shimmer pigments.
- Brow 1980: A tinted pomade to shape and groom eyebrows and give them a natural look.
- Shade Slick: A lip oil that adds a touch of color while conditioning the lips.
- Brush No. 1: A vegan makeup brush with extra soft bristles.
It is also exciting that each product contains additional, caring ingredients such as vitamin E, vitamin B5, squalane, olive oil or rosehip oil and is therefore much more than just another makeup product. I am already very excited about the products and can hardly wait to test them myself.
Photos: Courtesy of Merit